The MAX DELBRÜCK CENTER FOR MOLECULAR MEDICINE (MDC) is a member of the Helmholtz Association of National Research Centers, supported by the Federal Government of Germany and the Senate of Berlin. It is dedicated to interdisciplinary research in the areas of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Diseases, Cancer and Function of Dysfunction of the Nervous System. In collaboration with the Berlin Institute for Health, BIH, the MDC is expanding in innovative technologies and research programs, one of which is ‘Single Cell Approaches for Personalized Medicine’. The MDC has also launched a Systems Biology program, the Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology (BIMSB), to integrate systems biology and systems medicine approaches. BIMSB is located in a dedicated research building in the Center of Berlin.
The MDC/BIH Genomics Facility will be instrumental to support the Single Cell Focus of the BIH and is therefore seeking two highly motivated, reliable and well-organized technical assistants with several years of professional experience in the fields of cell biology and molecular biology. Experience in state-of-the-art standard and single cell sequencing would be an advantage. Successful candidates will be supporting the service of the Genomics Unit for method development in the field of spatial sequencing and single cell sequencing, in collaboration with research teams of the single cell research focus.
- bachelor, engineer or equivalent in biophysics, bioengineering, biotechnology, biochemistry or related disciplines
- experience with single-cell and Next Generation Sequencing methods including sequencing by synthesis (Illumina, Qiagen)
- experience with advanced imaging methods such as confocal fluorescence microscopy would be an advantage
- handling of live and fixed tissue samples including organoids and their characterization using various techniques e.g. cryostat/cryo-microtome, fixation, staining, imaging
- immunohistochemistry, in situ hybridization and fluorescence in situ hybridization (FISH)
- handling of different cell lines and their characterization including maintenance of the lines, characterization using FACS, IF and PCR, microbial contamination test (mycoplasma text)
- standard molecular biology/cloning techniques (RNA isolation, real-time PCR) and methods for transient and stable gene transfer
- very good oral and written communication skills in English
- enthusiasm and good teamwork skills
- willingness to learn new technologies and methodologies
This position will be funded according to German TVÖD E10–E11 (Bund) based on experience and qualification.
as soon as possible
The contract will be offered for two years with the option to extend.
The MDC is an equal opportunity employer and supports gender equality. Severely disabled persons will be given preferential treatment in the case of equal qualification.
Please, send your application including all documents indicating the registration number 11178/2019 by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as pdf files (2 files of 5 MB at the maximum) as we do not return any papers.